6.23.2010

zumba recap

Well, we made it! Here's a picture of us in the car (yes, I still stink at taking self-photos). We're sweaty, we're tired, we're hungry....but we had SO MUCH FUN!!! Oh my gosh, seriously. I figured that Zumba was either going to be one of those things that I loved or that I hated. Sometimes classes like that are "either or" for me.

It's absolutely a love. Now, granted, half way through I realized I should probably take it easy because I have a 6 mile run scheduled for tomorrow...but I was having so much fun I couldn't help it. Yay! Can't wait to go back again. The instructor was awesome, too. I could definitely tell she was (is) a trained dancer. That helped make everything feel more like dance and less like a workout.

All of that said, I think I might need new sneakers if I intend to continue taking this class. I wore my running sneakers out of habit, but the treads are too...sticky? I guess? to do all the pivots and things on the gym floor.

I did a little bit of work on some of the weight machines before class started, too, and the good news is that I remember how to work those specific machines. Woohoo!

Dinner tonight was grilled hot dogs and "quick black-eyed peas with tomatoes" (from the July/Aug 2010 Everyday Food). I really liked the side dish! I would post the recipe, but it's not up on their website yet. It was fun because they recommended taking a pot outside and cooking the whole thing right on the grill. I would have taken a photo, but even though it was tasty it was really, really ugly, haha.

Ok, time to finish watching So You Think You Can Dance. I love this show so much!!

No comments:

Post a Comment